Monday, October 3

MATH
Masloppy: Organizing and Counting

We have been organizing and counting our inventory for our Masloppy Math Investigation. We have all come up with our own strategies for sorting and counting. Some of us are inspired to organize by colour to count, while others are grouping or tagging and making a line with our objects. We have been provided with items to help us organize our counts with such items as elastic bands and Ziploc bags. One of the things many of us are finding is that it can be difficult to keep track of such large amounts, so we are thinking about ways that we can document our strategies- stay tuned!





Math Vocabulary Words we will be using and discussing. Please have a conversation with your child about them:

Accuracy: Is my answer true? How do I know for sure? Does it matter?
Strategy: What did you already know that helped you find your answer? Did you have more than one way that worked? 
Efficiency: I found my answer, but is there a faster, more accurate way? Is this important?
Grouping: Having the same number of objects inside of each group that I am counting. Why is this important? What does it let me do?

Organizing: How can I arrange my objects so that they can be counted efficiently and kept track of?

Comments