Week in Review Sept24-28: Math, Inquiry, Frank AB

housekeeping:
photo order forms and fun lunch forms will be coming in home folders on Monday!

Teacher note:
I like to be explicit with students on what their learning intentions are during a task. A learning intention is the learning we hope students will engage in meaningfully during a task(s) and helps them reflect and focus on what we are specifically trying to teach and learn!
-Ms. McDonald

MATH
Students have been exploring these key learning intentions in Math this week:

  1. I can identify the numbers between a smaller and larger number. 
  2. I can use an open number line and flexible counting strategies to move both forwards and backwards on a number line. 
  3. I can create both addition and subtraction equations from this information and see the patterns that relate them.
  4. I am exploring the relationship between addition and subtraction.
  5. Here are some examples of our work! Please review with your child :)



SOCIAL STUDIES/SCIENCE INQUIRY:
FRANK, ALBERTA  (THE FRANK SLIDE)

This inquiry will incorporate both the Social Studies perspectives of the First Nations who lived in the Crowsnest Pass as well as the American Coal Mining company, (owned by Mr. Frank) on the new booming town of Frank, AB (est. 1902). It will also use a Scientific lens to explore the discipline of Geology, Turtle mountain and the series of geological events that contributed to the rock slide. 

Please ask your child about the pictures below, and some of their "I See, I Think, I Wonder" ideas.












Comments